Sauces are the heart of great cuisine and this course will teach you to make a range of classic sauces, reductions and jus to enhance your cookery.
This master class course is aimed at those who would like to spend a whole day understanding what makes a great sauce, which is the correct sauce to match to a meal.
We will teach you how to master the fundamental sauces such as Hollandaise, from which a variety of other sauces like Bearnaise, Maltaise, Choron and Palloise can also be made.
By the end of this course you will have the confidence to add a new dimension of delicious sauces to your dishes taking your cookery to the next level.
Skills you will learn
- Stocks, Roux, Restaurant-style reduction sauces
- Hot and cold egg based emulsions
- Mornay Sauce
- Hollandaise based Sauces
- Tarragon Sauce
- Hoisin Sauce
- Tartare Sauce with fresh Mayonnaise
- Satay Sauce
- Hot Chocolate Sauce
- Goujons of lemon sole tartare sauce and salad leaves
- Breast of Sladesdown chicken new potatoes, seasonal greens, hollandaise sauce creamed tarragon sauce.
- Vanilla ice cream with hot chocolate sauce