Fancy yourself as the next Jamie Oliver but can't boil an egg? Don't worry, after taking our Beginners cookery course you will have a new found confidence and enthusiasm for cooking.
Our Beginners weekend will take you from enthusiastic novice to a practical working level in two days. This course is almost entirely hands-on and is designed to teach you the essentials of cookery.
Over the course of the weekend we'll cover essentials like baking, basic sauces, cooking meat and fish correctly and how to make puddings that create a stir.
By the end of the course on Sunday at 4pm you will have confidence in the kitchen and be ready to share your new skills with family and friends.
Skills you will learn
- Bread-making for the home
- Simple homemade soups
- Pastry making
- Cooking with meat and fish
- The perfect roast dinner
- Simple desserts
- Cream of Potato & Watercress Soup
- Salmon, Dill & Leek Tartlet with New Potatoes and Vegetables
- Seasonal Fruit Salad with Mascarpone Cream
- Roast Loin of Pork with Apple Sauce & Traditional Gravy, Roast Potatoes, Roast Parsnips, Glazed Carrots, Cauliflower Cheese.
- Chocolate Brownie served with Vanilla Icecream