Beginners Cookery Weekend
If you want to learn how to cook, our weekend course is a great place to start. You will be in a class of like-minded people who, like you, want to learn the core skills in the kitchen so they can cook with confidence.
Cooking is like any other life skill - it can be easily learned if taught well, and over this weekend our expert chef tutors will help you achieve more than you thought possible.
Some people will have a natural talent for working with ingredients, cooking instinctively and boldly, whereas others will be methodical, following a recipe closely to achieve the desired result.
Whatever kind of cook you are going to be, we are here to teach you the fundamental skills that will build your confidence in the kitchen and help you develop a lifelong enthusiasm for cooking. This course really does change people's lives for the better opening up a new world of cookery and food for many students.
Our Beginners weekend will take you from enthusiastic novice to a practical working level in two days. This course is almost entirely hands-on and is designed to teach you the essentials of cookery.
Over the course of the weekend we'll cover essentials like baking, basic sauces, cooking meat and fish correctly and how to make puddings.
You will leave the course with a wealth of new skills and the confidence to continue your journey and enjoyment of cooking great food.
Skills you will learn
- Pastry making
- Sweet and savoury sauces and dressings
- Cooking meat and fish
- Vegetables cookery and salads
- Simple desserts
New for 2017
- Fish burger with toasted bun, garlic mayonnaise and watercress salad.
- Griddled chicken breast, warm courgette salad, parmesan roasted new potatoes and tomato dressing.
- Salted caramel chocolate brownie and vanilla custard.
- Roasted vegetable and feta tart, vinaigrette and local salad leaves.
- Glazed honey pork chop, creamy mash and mustard cider sauce.
- Braised chicken chasseur.
- Apricot bread and butter pudding with clotted cream.