Chef Skills Plus
Our popular Chef Skills course focuses on the essential skills that professional chefs employ in a restaurant kitchen.
Experienced amateur cooks or catering professionals will benefit from this course, learning some of the advanced techniques you would find in top restaurants.
Working with the freshest ingredients, such as hand-dived scallops, line caught mackerel and sea bass, Dartmoor lamb, organic herbs and vegetables.
You will use all of the professional chef skills you have learned over the weekend to create a fabulous 5-course tasting menu on the Sunday.
Skills you will learn
- Organisational skills
- Palette development
- Reduced and emulsion sauces
- Desserts including ice creams
- Fish preparation including filleting, pin-boning and skinning;
- Basic butchery
- Lemon Sole and smoked salmon mille feuille, pot au feu of baby vegetables and saffron foam.
- Roasted Cannon of lamb, Nicoise vegetables, rosti potato and tarragon and lamb.
- Toffee souffle with banana ice cream.
- Salad of scallops, slow cooked pork belly Deep fried quails eggs, cauliflower puree pork jus.
- Slow cooked guinea fowl, confit leg, boudin blanc, buttered cabbage, Riesling and grape sauce
- Apple parfait, honeycomb wafers, apple granita