Thai cuisine places emphasis on lightly-prepared dishes with strong aromatic components and our Thai Plus cookery weekend offers a chance to explore this exotic cuisine in depth and learn to cook authentic Thai dishes.
Like all Ashburton courses this is a practical course and on our Thai weekend you will enjoy lots of hands-on cookery where you will create canapes, starters, main courses (including curries) and deserts.
Working with authentic Thai ingredients you will make popular Thai dishes such as fishcakes, spring rolls and numtok moo as well as exciting noodle & rice dishes such as pad thai and fried rice.
You'll also learn to make hot and sour Thai salads such as yum sim, and you will be making your very own red and green curry pastes from scratch.
By the end of the course you will have a comprehensive understanding of Thai cookery, ingredients and flavours as well as a rich repertoire of authentic Thai dishes you can make at home to enhance your family cookery and entertaining.
Join us on this great course for a fantastic Thai cooking experience.
- Krathak (Tiger Prawn Firecrackers)
- Tom Kha Hed (Ta Lay) - Galangal Soup with Seafood and Coconut Cream
- Pad Thai (Stir-fried Noodles with Roasted Peanuts)
- Som Tam (Green Papaya Salad)
- Ga Pad Bai Ga - Prow (Spicy Chicken with Thai Basil)
- Tod Mun Pla (Thai Fish Cakes)
- Laab Ped Yaang (Roast Duck Salad with Thai Herbs)
- Gang Ped Hoi Shell (Red Curry With Scallops, Peanuts, Potatoes And Bamboo Shoots)
- Kati Prik Sorbet