Advanced Plus Weekend
Our Advanced Plus Weekend is aimed at those ambitious cooks that want to cook to a fine dining level.
Using only the finest, local and seasonal ingredients this you will learn intricate recipes and techniques coupled with refined presentation skills that will result in the food that you would expect to find in a fine dining restaurant.
To take this course, you need to be an accomplished cook, comfortable with advanced cookery techniques, and possessing good knife skills. You will be confident filleting fish, making sauces and reductions, and working at pace in the kitchen.
If you are in doubt about cooking at this level, you should consider taking our Chef Skills course.
This is an exciting, intensive course that will take your cookery to a new level.
Skills you will learn
- Complex fish & meat preparation and cooking
- Sauces, emulsions & oils
- Working at pace
- Sous vide cooking
- Palate development
- Presenting food to a fine dining restaurant standard
- Duck egg, squash puree, garlic crouton, peas, chorizo and pea shoots
- Mackerel escabeche, avocado creme fraiche, oysters & melon
- Fillet of lemon sole and salmon en tressse, saute scallops, poached cucumber, grapes and baby leeks, brown shrimp and pine nut butter
- Fillet of beef, wild mushroom ravioli, parsnip textures, caramelised banana shallot, beans, red wine jus
- Praline souffle with goats' yoghurt and mace sorbet
- White and dark chocolate mousse, raspberry pastilles, raspberry reduction and glass biscuit