Learning to cook from an early age lays strong foundations for the future, teaching valuable life skills and of course the natural pleasure that comes from an enjoyment of food and cooking.
This course is for 13 to 17 year olds who have an interest in cookery. In a day we teach the basics including knife skills, organisation, cooking techniques and palette development.
The menu focus is on simple but tasty meals that students can cook for the family and will form a foundation from which they can confidently develop their cookery.
Skills you will learn
- Knife Skills
- Pizza Bread Dough
- Pesto and Ragu
- Italian Meat-Feast or Veggie Pizza
- Bucatini pasta with minced pork and beef ragu, parmesan and pesto.
- Dark and white chocolate brownie with cherries.
- Chocolate run out decorations.
Teen Cooking Courses
- This course may only be booked by the parent or guardian of the teen to attend.
- Parents will be able to drop off teens no earlier than 9.30am.
- Collection will be at 4pm.
Students must wear closed toed, non-slip, flat-soled shoes such as trainers to work in the kitchen. Please wear comfortable clothes that you don't mind getting flour on.