Knife Skills (Half-Day) (Halifax)
This half-day course will show you how to select, use and maintain the correct knife from the basic cooks knife set including sharpening, chopping, filleting and other fundamental techniques.
You will work with the following knives:
- Chefs Knife - chopping, slicing
- Boning Knife - working with meat
- Flexible Filleting Knife - fish filleting
- Paring Knife - peeling and preparing
- Turning Knife - shaping and turning
- Sharpening Steel
Skills you will learn
- Which knife to use for each task
- How to use knives with confidence whilst learning classic chopping, dicing, cutting and slicing
- Knife sharpening and maintenance
- Knife safety and speed
Half Day Course Format
Our half-day courses are a great way to learn a particular culinary skill that you will use for life. During a morning or afternoon session you will enjoy around 3 hours of in-depth, hands-on learning with our experienced chef tutors focussing on one skill.
There is no lunch/dinner on these courses but you will leave with the dishes that you have prepared during the course.