For many men, cooking was not part of their upbringing, and they often lack the confidence and skills to really enjoy cooking for themselves or others.
Aimed at men who want to feel more confident in the kitchen, our Gentleman's Relish weekend covers the fundamentals of cookery.
On this course we will cover all the areas of cookery you need to know to build your skills, confidence and enjoyment of cooking for yourself and others. By the end of the course you will be able to cook a range of starters, main courses and delicious desserts, perfect for family meals or entertaining.
This course is one of our most popular gifts and has changed the lives of many men and their families and friends for the better!
Skills you will learn
- Basic kitchen and knife skills
- Meat and fish
- Vegetable preparation and cooking
- The Perfect Roast
- Great British puddings
- Pan-fried mackerel fillets on sourdough toast with a rich tomato sauce served with a watercress salad
- Beef short rib and Dartmoor Jail Ale stew with Devon blue dumplings and sauteed greens
- Sticky date pudding, toffee sauce served with a vanilla bean ice cream
- Cumin cauliflower soup with croutons
- Sticky pork ribs
- Local venison burgers, barbers farm cheddar, onion marmalade, and triple cooked chips with rocket salad and wasabi mayo
- Jam roly-poly and custard