Perfect Christmas Dinner
However, we know that creating this perfect meal is not without the odd challenge - dry turkey, soggy sprouts, pan juggling and piles of washing up.
The reality is that cooking a complex, multi-component meal like this for large numbers can be a challenging feat even for professional chefs.
Perfect Christmas Dinner is a fun, one-day cookery course that will teach you a wealth of time-saving tips, organisational skills and fantastic recipes to help make this year's family Christmas Dinner a magical festive feast - without the stress.
This is a practical course combining chef demonstration with lots of hands-on cookery. All ingredients, aprons, equipment and course notes are provided.
You will get to enjoy the results of your new cooking skills with a sit down festive meal featuring the dishes you have cooked, enjoyed with a glass of wine.
Skills you will learn
- Planning & Preparation
- Organising your kitchen
- Getting ahead
- The perfect traditional Christmas dinner
- Alternatives to turkey
- All the trimmings
- Decadent mince pies
- Presentation tips
- Oriental spiced tiger prawns
- Sweet chilli dipping sauce
- Blue cheese, black pepper and thyme palmiers
- Chestnut and parsnip soup with crispy bacon croutons
- Whole baby poussin
- Pistachio, apricot and prune stuffing
- Duck fat roasties
- Koffman cabbage
- Smoked bacon and French bean bundles
- Roast gravy
- Whole orange cake
- Kumquat and Grand Marnier compote
- Marmalade cheesecake cream
Extra ideas / Recipes
- Christmas muffin mix
- Maple and mustard glaze
- Apricot and ginger glaze
- Spiced marmalade glaze
- Redcurrant and red onion relish
- Fig and cranberry chutney
- Spiced apple chutney